Let’s come together to build awareness, remove the stigma, and support others like us.
You can help in several ways:
- Help build this blog. Offer suggestions to improve this ministry. Let me know of a need that’s common to many of us and share it. Together, we’ll pray about the best way to meet that need in the context of this blog.
- Share an expression of love for siblings that don’t have mental illness. If you’re like me, your heart goes out to the other children in the family who receive less of your time…those same children who you love just as much, but who feel they’re lower on your priority list. That’s why I’ve dedicated a page to those children. If you’re creative, feel free to write a love poem to them or about them. If poetry isn’t your thing, write a love letter instead.
- Share what you want others to know (about your child who has mental illness or about you).
- Share an inspirational message. I’ve posted an example (see the Inspirational Message tab). I’ve combined my love for photography with God’s word to create a picture of encouragement for other moms. Yours doesn’t have to be a photograph. If you feel led to uplift others with your creativity, go for it!
- Resources. I’ve begun a list of organizations. If you know of additional resources which will help other moms, let us know.